Sunday, August 10, 2014

My Quest To Bring Common Sense Manners Back Because Rudeness Sucks

The Quest to Bring Manners Back Because Rudeness Sucks!

Used with permission from Howard McWilliam / Town & Country Magazine
*Like my Facebook page and stay in touch with me on Facebook 

This is Diana is Available for: Commentary, Interviews, and Interactive Storytelling

Who would’ve thought that someone born and raised in the South Bronx would have the life purpose of being on a quest to bring common sense manners back? No? Well, how rude of them!

I’ve always dreamt of a harmonious world where everyone is happy, friendly, courteous and vibrant. Clearly this isn’t the world we actually live it. It’s a big world with lots of people and many don’t have manners which can lead to all kinds of everyday societal problems. These can range from small irritations to full blown violence.
I’m an Intuitive Empath who has worked with thousands of people as a crisis counselor, college advisor, business/relationship consultant, spiritual coach, commentator, and writer.

My most passionate project is the completion of a book and project (one-woman storytelling performance) called “Oh No You Didn’t- A Quest to Bring Common Sense Manners Back, Part 1 I See Dumb People and Part 2 Stand Clear of the Loco Trains©”.

Through my work, I share many stories I have experienced or witnessed that show examples of lack of manners and rudeness along with its possible consequences. I do it however with a mix of seriousness and humor to get the various points across.




Consider these everyday instances:
  • Someone who sneezes or coughs all over you and a week later you're sick
  • A smoker who puffs the smoke right at your direction
  • Your on a date and the person picks up their ringing mobile phone, three times!
  • You are walking on a busy street and someone bangs really hard into you and just keeps on walking leaving you bruised and stunned. 
  • You open the door for someone and they just glide right in without saying thank you or acknowledging your presence.
  • You are with your romantic partner in a restaurant, you go to the restroom and a woman waits for you to leave to hit on him/her
  • You need to use the 1 person restroom but can't go in because someone is in there on a phone call.

This is for those who are dealing with rude people know they are not alone in their frustration and have the desire for a better way. This is also for those who are being rude to know, what they are doing is not welcomed, acceptable and will no longer be tolerated without some consequence (e.g. exposure, reprimand, even legal action for what leads to violence).

Take a 1 question survey and get a FREE ebook with email sign-up
http://www.thisisdiana.com/#!social-forum/c1tzi

There are other works and books out there but I find them a bit dry and the attempts at humor forced because the authors limited connection with a more diverse audience. They also leave out the very important examples of what can go very wrong if we don’t heed manners. This misses a huge market of everyday people. I talk to people from all walks of life who constantly share their desire for more manners. My book and through my social media and promotion will reach this wider audience with real life examples, humor, and stories that happen all the time.

I want others to join my quest and via common sense manners create harmony and decrease violent incidents exploring one Oh No Moment at a time.

If you would like more information on me and my quest please do contact me. I am of course on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Youtube, Google+, Pinterest, Blogger, and BlogTalkRadio and all can be accessed via my website: www.thisisdiana.com and 



~Always with Love, Light and Common Sense Manners~

Diana Navarro, M.S.
On a Quest to Bring Common Sense Manners Back!


3 comments:

Repel Negativiy #shorts