Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Is a Neurostimulator Device that is Implanted the Answer to Chronic Pain? Gulp!

Can this neurotransmitter implanted device provide safe pain relief?

I suffer from chronic pain, hence my life work looking for healthy remedies, relief and ultimately a cure. I just saw a post on a new device, the HF10 that promises to relieve pain. This device is surgically implanted in to the spinal cord and masking the pain without causing tingling or numbing normal physical sensations, according to their website https://www.hf10.com/ 

Personally, I have my doubts about anything that is implanted unless it is absolutely a life-saving device. But when you are desperate for pain relief, you want to keep searching for it. Ideally it would be amazing to find and heal the original cause of the pain. Many current pain management techniques just mask or numb some of the pain for a certain amount of time and with significant other side effects.

I went to HF10 device site and filled out their short survey to see if I qualified for their trial and apparently I did not. I have pain in various places but primarily in my shoulder and upper back. This device is specifically for back and leg pain so why I I did not qualify is unclear. In any case, you can check for yourself.

Results Indicating I Did Not Qualify

The cost?

The costs of any neurostimulator ranges from $15,000 to $50,000 but the cost for this device was not clearly stated. I recommend you read the I have pasteda link for below which asks some good and critical questions about this particular device. There is some information not disclosed and we should be very cautious about that considering it is invasive and expensive, like surgical complications.

You can check the article here: https://www.healthnewsreview.org/news-release-review/society-news-release-provides-one-sided-view-new-device-back-pain/

In the meantime, I will continue to practice my everyday self-care and share my work with others via my course.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Repel Negativiy #shorts