Sunday, July 11, 2010

Stand Strong When Weary




As part of my work with Intuition, I always remind myself that my body, mind and spirit are connected. I do this by creating practices that keep the energy in my body moving in all of its forms. I encourage my clients, listeners and readers to do the same. Move at your level and within your limits always keeping open to stretching a bit beyond your boundaries to prevent plateau and inertia.

I practice yoga for various reasons and don't force it on anyone. For me yoga is a weaving of all aspects of life. There is the physical aspect of course. Then there is the emotional as you explore what your body/mind/spirit can and cannot do. And ultimately you have the truly spiritual aspect. I will say more of this in the future and have discussed in the radio programming on the http://www.centannibroadcasting.com/ and clicking on the Diana Navarro Show.

For today and for this moment I want to share TADASANA--or Mountain Pose.

This is my remedy for when I’m weak and weary. See if it works for you.
With one deep breath into your abdomen, stand with arms to your side and legs close together.

See in your mind’s eye, the soles of your feet. Plant them firmly on the floor them rock forward slowly forward then back into your heels. Repeat until you find your center. Sway from side to side until you find your center once again.

Breathe into your belly again.

Feel the weight of your body spread evenly throughout your body.

Gaze softly forward. After a few breaths bend knees gently and slowly and rise up.

Continue breathing and visualize your body strong and powerful, fully planted on earth. Gently tilt head lower, then slightly upward.

Stay in this position as long as you need to while remembering to breathe. When ready move slowly out of this position and back into the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Repel Negativiy #shorts